Thursday, April 18, 2013

A Reuter's Reporter's Coverage Of An Al-Shabaab Attack In Magadishu


Are You Al-Shabaab Or Soldiers?” -- Feisal Omar, Reuters

At 11:30 on Sunday morning I was sipping a cup of coffee at the Village restaurant near the palace when I heard a blast followed by gunshots.

I walked out onto the street and could see pickup trucks with anti-aircraft guns mounted on them, rushing toward the Mogadishu court. I started my vehicle and drove speedily in the direction of the court. I arrived moments later at the court building where there was an intense exchange of gunfire.

I could not believe armed fighters had broken into the court, killed the soldiers that guarded it, the lawyers and others. “How did al-Shabaab take over such a well-guarded building in the heart of the town!’ I whispered to myself as I got closer to the building.

Read more ....

My Comment: He was lucky ....  he could have been one of the casualties.

No comments: