Sunday, July 7, 2013

What Do The World Leaders Drink?

Expensive taste: North Korean leader Kim Jong-il (R) was reportedly the biggest single customer of Hennessy cognac. The late leader is pictured in 2000 with then South Korean President Kim Dae-jung

Which Politician Was A Brandy Firm's Biggest Customer? Kim Jong-Il Spent £700,000 A Year On Hennessy -- Daily Mail

* Kim Jong-Il was reportedly Hennessy's biggest customer
* Whisky lovers include successful UK leaders Churchill, Thatcher and Blair
* Research claims those who drink pints never peak in the politics

North Korea's late leader Kim Jong-Il was reportedly the biggest client fro cognac brand Hennessy and spent £700,000 on the drink.

The fact was dug out in research into leaders' favourite tipple, which has suggested politicians success might have something to do with their preferred drink.

Some of the UK's top leaders have all opted for whisky, while across the Atlantic in America, they have a sweeter tooth, preferring a cocktail.

The research, carried out by online drinks firm 31DOVER.com, revealed that Churchill, Thatcher, Blair and Cameron have all shown a mutual affection for whisky, with Churchill setting himself up for a day of success by rounding off breakfast with a whiskey soda.

Read more ....

My Comment: You can tell a-lot by what a person drinks. As to what do I like to drink .... to begin .... I never drink alone. But when I am with a good friend it is Johnnie Walker Blue and .... for special occasions .... Johnnie Walker Blue King George V. I also like Remis Martin XO, 30-40 year Port, Napa/Tuscany/Bordeaux wines, but my favorite is still rum .... specifically Appleton Estate 21. There is only one drink in the world that I will not touch .... it is Chinese "White Lightning". My first and only experience with this drink was in 1988 when I got completely and totally drunk with the mayor of Quanhou city and it's business leaders. I had to be carried to my hotel .... but when I was being carried I noticed that all that I could see was "white" .... or to put it bluntly .... I was blind. A few hours later my vision returned .... but for a day I had everyone worried. After that .... for two years just the smell of alcohol would make my body shake. Fortunately .... over the years .... I have overcome this disability. :)

No comments: