Thursday, August 15, 2013

Bradley Manning Apologizes In Court For Leaking Hundreds Of Thousands Of U.S. Intelligence Documents To Wikileaks



Bradley Manning: 'I’m Sorry That My Actions Hurt The United States' -- Christian Science Monitor

Army Pfc. Bradley Manning, in the sentencing phase of his court martial, apologized for leaking classified items to WikiLeaks. Manning's lawyers put much of the blame on Army officers who failed to address his emotional troubles.

In one of the rare times when he has spoken during his court martial, US Army Pfc. Bradley Manning apologized Wednesday for leaking hundreds of thousands of classified documents when he was an intelligence analyst in Iraq.

"I'm sorry that my actions hurt people,” he told the court. “I'm sorry that it hurt the United States.”

"I should have worked more aggressively within the system,” Pfc. Manning said. “Unfortunately, I can't go back and change things. I understand I must pay a price for my decisions.”

Read more ....

More News On Bradley Manning Apologizing In Court For Leaking Hundreds Of Thousands Of U.S. Intelligence Documents To Wikileaks

Bradley Manning's apology -- SFGate/AP
Manning Takes Stand, Apologizes for Hurting US -- ABC News/AP
WikiLeaks: Manning apologizes, admits he 'hurt US' -- AFP
Bradley Manning says sorry for leaks that 'hurt the United States' -- The Guardian
Manning Apologizes for Leaks: ‘My Actions Hurt People’ -- New York Times
Manning Appeals for Leniency in WikiLeaks Case -- Wall Street Journal
Bradley Manning 'sorry' for hurting US at Wikileaks trial -- BBC
Convicted Spy Manning Apologizes to US Military Court -- Voice of America
'I'm sorry that I hurt the United States': Bradley Manning apologizes in court -- NBC
Manning testifies: 'I'm sorry that I hurt the United States' -- Baltimore Sun

No comments: