Monday, November 4, 2013

What Is NSA Leaker Edward Snowden's Life Like In Moscow?

 

Supporter Paints Picture Of Snowden’s Life In Moscow -- Greg Clary, CNN 

National Security Agency leaker Edward Snowden has now been in Moscow for more than five months while Russia considers whether to grant his request for permanent asylum. But his day-to-day activities remain largely a mystery.

One person who knows more than most about Snowden’s situation is Jesselyn Radack, who met with him recently in Moscow.

Radack is a member of the whistleblower-support organization, Government Accountability Project, and a former ethics adviser to the Justice Department. She became a whistleblower herself after raising concerns about the interrogation of “American Taliban” John Walker Lindh.

Radack says security is still paramount for Snowden—she and the other visitors weren’t told the location of their meeting because of security concerns.

“It appeared to be a hotel, somewhere, but I don't know Moscow, so I didn't recognize where we were really,” Radack said.

Read more ....  

My Comment: He is busy now .... but with time I know that he will need his "U.S. fix". Regular readers of this blog know that my nationality is Russian .... and while I now live in Canada .... once or twice a year I do need my "Russian fix" (i.e. Russian food, conversation, the air, the water, the culture, etc...). But unlike Snowden whose travel options are limited .... I can go back and forth depending on my time availability. Hmmm ... yup .... my life is far more preferable than his.

No comments: