Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Chinese President Xi: Conflict With U.S. Would Be Disaster



Chinese President Says Conflict With U.S. Would Be Disaster -- Bloomberg

China’s President Xi Jinping called for greater military communication with the U.S., saying as he opened high-level talks between the two countries that any conflict would be a global disaster.

China needs a stable environment “more than ever,” and it’s inevitable that the two sides will have some disputes, Xi said at the Diaoyutai guest house before the U.S.-China Strategic and Economic Dialogue in Beijing.

“A conflict between China and United States will definitely be a disaster for the two countries and the world,” Xi said. “As long as we uphold mutual respect, maintain strategic patience and remain unperturbed by individual incidents and comments, we’ll be able to keep relations on a firm footing despite ups and downs that may come our way.”

Read more ....

More News On U.S. - China Talks

Xi: US, China Confrontation Would Be 'Disaster' -- VOA
President Xi Jinping warns of disaster if China, US relations start to sour -- South China Morning Post
Chinese President Xi Jinping Says Confrontation With US ‘Would Definitely Be A Disaster’ -- IBTimes
China-US confrontation would be disastrous — Xi Jinping -- ITAR-TASS
China's Xi Calls for Improved Ties With U.S. -- WSJ
China's Xi urges 'respect' as Kerry visits -- Al Jazeera
US and China strike conciliatory tone as high-level talks begin in Beijing -- The Guardian
Xi says problems in China-US relations nothing to fear -- Want China Times
China, U.S. say committed to managing differences -- NYT

5 comments:

Rhaegar said...

1.
Will this help or will a conflict arise?
2.
How bad is the tension betwen China and US?

War News Updates Editor said...

There are differences between the two countries .... but not to the point of being hostile.

Ropestuff said...

I get being prepared for confrontation but we keep hearing about carrier sinking missiles and stealth fighters and it just seems to me like we are going down a bad road. It's like if my neighbor bugs me so I hold a drill in my back yard where I practice knifing an effigy of him, then I put set guns in my windows facing his house. So he sets up a crate of molatov cocktails just on his side of the fence with my name on it so I send my kids outside with shotguns to pace back and forth on the sidewalk in front of his house and all the while I send my girls over to sell him girl scout cookies and he sends his kids over to sell me wrapping paper but every once in a while I remind him of how I could burn his house down, and some times I catch him wire tapping my phone line and looking through my windows with binoculars. Yeah, we will have great relations. I don't know what the answer is but this posturing and then reassuring just seems like a good path to inevitable confrontation. Obviously I'm no great political leader with all the answers but this just doesn't make sense to me. Smile one day, sight the rifle in on his house another day.

War News Updates Editor said...

Ropestuff .... that is when I hope that out children go down a different path. In short .... keep things defused and hope that tomorrow's generation will behave better. (emphasize the word 'hope').

Ropestuff said...

Here's to hoping. Cheers.