Sunday, August 3, 2014

How Russia Could Help China's Military Become Even Deadlier


Five Ways Russia Could Help China's Military Become Even Deadlier -- National Interest

The continued deterioration of relations between Russia and NATO may not yet have resulted in a new Cold War, but it’s undoubtedly produce an environment in which Russia has independent reasons to try to hurt the United States.

While the arms trade between China and Russia exploded after the fall of the Soviet Union, shipments of major systems slowed in the early part of last decade. Part of the reason was demand; China felt that it no longer needed to pay top dollar for Russian systems that it could build itself. Another reason, however, involved Russian intellectual property concerns stemming from Chinese copying, and potential export, of Russian military systems. This made Russia reluctant to export its most sophisticated weapons.

But now we find ourselves in a situation where Moscow has become willing to take risks in order to give Washington a headache. One way in which Russia can do this is overcoming any internal obstacles to the export of sophisticated weapons to China.

Read more ....

My Comment: Forget about Russia .... there are a number of western nations who are more than eager to sell their military systems to China.

11 comments:

LoneWolf Media said...

:P Heck the way China's espionage has been going they'll just steal all the know how. Though due to America's inevitable soon to be clash with China in the not so distant future - most western nations would be shunned from selling advance hardware to China due to U.S pressure. So this article would ring true. Russia despite it's concerns on copyright would most likely be the best suited nation to co-develop advance systems with China.

James said...

A little O/T, can you give me a rough idea what he's saying here. I'm guessing it's we'll respond in kind to any threat, but I don't know.

James said...

Well I should include the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=baTioqQXnfk

War News Updates Editor said...

The title of this video basically says that a bird shitted on Putin's jacket during his speech (which you can see on the video). . Is it a fake .... who knows.

As to the speech itself .... nothing special there.

James said...

Well off to golf, clubs to swing, balls to seek, and gods to curse.

War News Updates Editor said...

Good luck. My tee-time is 12:30 EST at 'The Royal Montreal Golf Club' .... the oldest golf club in North America. I rarely play at this course .... a friend has invited me over ..... he is also a pro which means that I am probably going to be torturing him for the next few hours with my playing. :)

James said...

WNU,
Great joy, happiness, etc. The golfing gods (Buddha, Allah, Yahweh, and several minor deities) love me. From the tournament tees (on a tough course) and unable to hit more than 2 good drives all day and still scored an easy 78. The important point though my Slavonic friend is that I have "the" swing. I can hit with ease all the wedges, everything 9 through 5, and 5 and 3 metal with ease, long and any line I choose. I don't care if the world goes to hell tonight, I'll meet the MIRV's on the first tee with my Taylor-made 3 metal, BWAHAHAHA.

War News Updates Editor said...

78 .... Oh Oh.

I played with three golf pros .... the had scores in the mid 70s. Your hapless Russian .... sighhh .... I have let down the mother country and I have stained it's honor. I scored a .... gulp .... 92.

I now feel like invading someone.

James said...

Fear not my friend. My driver is still a traitor. I checked the box when I got home. The box says it's the Lubyanka Lightning model manufactured by F. Dzerzhinsky LTD, and the driver preferred by Interior Ministry personnel in 11 time zones.

War News Updates Editor said...

F. Dzerzhinsky .... wow .... I thought you Americans did not know about people like him .... the stories that I heard about him when growing up. You have to get me really drunk on that one James. Correction .... really really drunk ... and preferably on the 19th hole.

James said...

Yeah, I know a little about ole Felix et al (Yagoda, Yezhov, and Beria). A bad bunch.