Friday, September 12, 2014

A Look At U.S. Foreign/Military Policy Failures

President Barack Obama talks on the phone with Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany in the Oval Office, Aug. 29, 2013. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)

The Failures Of US Foreign/Military Policy -- Jack A. Smith, Foreign Policy Journal

The United States insists on throwing its formidable weight around and being recognized as world hegemon, but refuses to take any responsibility for the great number of negative results that emanate from its constant military and political interventions in the affairs of other states and regions.

At this time of great conflict in the world, U.S. foreign/military policy seems to be intimately connected to virtually everything that’s going wrong. Like the bull in a china shop, Uncle Sam’s blundering wreckage is left behind but the rich superpower emerges relatively unscathed to enter into yet another perceived trouble spot requiring its dubious interference.

Following is an assessment of current U.S. interventions, and failures, in the Middle East (Syria-Iraq, Gaza-Israel), Ukraine-Russia and other topics.

Read more ....

Update: No end in sight for America's Mideast war duties -- David Crary, AP

My Comment: I think what is becoming frustrating for a lot of Americans is that they are not seeing the "light at the end of the tunnel" in most (if not all) of these conflicts. The following New York Times' post reveals this growing unsettled mood .... Weary of War, but Favoring Airstrike Plan (New York Times)

6 comments:

James said...

Notice both set of legs crossed back toward the President. How many guys do you know cross their left leg over their right?

War News Updates Editor said...

An interesting observation James .... I know in my case I know no one.

Unknown said...

How many guys do you know cross their left leg over their right?

- Left handed men?
- Or someone who is tired and is switching back and forth?
- Staged photo and they wanted it to look symmetrical and /or not have the botton of a show in the photo?

I think on many things left handers are culturally conditioned, if not to write with their right hand, to do everything else right handed.

War News Updates Editor said...

A left handed bias .... I never knew I was so discriminating. I am learning something new everyday.

Unknown said...

More left-handed men are born during the winter: Indirect evidence of a hormonal mechanism

www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/07/140703102940.htm

I used the following search string

left handed site:sciencedaily.com


There were a lot of interesting articles

I was not able to find an even more interesting article on why internal organs are assymetrically placed in the body. I read it was due to a slight fluid current in the body when the embryo was only 20 cells or so. That was interesting. U will try to find the article. This time I will keep it. It is a very interesting result.

James said...

I know a little something about southpaws, I am the only righty in my immediate family, brothers, sisters, mother, and father all lefties. I had to get tough at the dinner table if I wanted get enough to eat.