Friday, November 7, 2014

Should The U.S. Navy SEAL Who Killed Osama Bin Laden Make Money From His Death?



Is Rob O’Neill Going To Make Money From Bin Laden’s Death? I Really Do Hope So - Because A Lot Of People Have Made Money Out Of HIM -- Piers Morgan, Daily Mail

A year ago, I hosted a launch party in New York for my new book.

At one stage, a CNN colleague introduced me to a tall, burly, red-headed guy in his mid 30s wearing a navy blue suit and open neck shirt.

‘Meet Rick,’ she said. ‘He’s just left the Navy after 16 years.

He had a vice-like handshake and notably steely eyes.

‘Oh really, well thank you for your service.’

My colleague laughed. ‘You’d be a lot more grateful if you knew exactly what kind of service he’d done.’

‘What do you mean?’

‘Rick was in SEAL Team 6.’

‘Were you on the…’

‘Yes,’ interrupted my colleague, ‘Rick was part of the raid that killed Osama bin Laden.’

Read more ....

My Comment: I cannot speak for Rob O’Neill .... but if I was responsible for the death of Osama Bin Laden, my priority in life would be to find a place far away from everyone .... and pray and hope that I will be left alone.

5 comments:

D.Plowman said...

I have to disagree here and take the side of the Government, a stance I rarely if ever take.

I think what he's doing is wrong, and he shouldn't be entitled to any money, at all. He did a job at the end of the day, a remarkable job at that, and no doubt he got paid for it too.

I dare say Navy Seals probably do their job for numerous reasons with money being a low factor. You need a certain drive to become one and a certain set of ambitions not in line with anyone else.

There's also the fact that, at the bottom line, he's doing this for celebrityhood. I see no other reason than that, and money, and it doesn't put him in my good books. Not that he'd give two shits either way, but that's my opinion!

James said...

I agree with you Plowman. I also say that the same criticism should hold true of higher ups. The recent spate of chest thumping from the highest to the lowest is at best unseemly.

Unknown said...

Obama, Joe Biden & Holly Wood made money off of Osama's death.

The first two got re-elected, which brings paycheck. Plus there are the post-office speaking fees.

"GM's alive and Osama is Dead"

Hollywood made Zero Dark Thirty

Budget: $40 million
Box office: $138,720,716

That is a ratio of ~ 3.5 to 1

Allegations of improper access to classified information

The Seals are following their peers all the way up the chain.

D.Plowman said...

@Aizino Smith

And the Seals, or rather this individual along with a select others, should have the dignity NOT to follow their peers up that money chain.

Now, now they're no better for it.

Unknown said...

Hi, This is an open secret to make money from online. Just a few minutes for away here and make money with an easy way. This can be a short study on a number of your particular perceptions along with preferences and may take only 5 minuets to try and do. So enjoy this for making money.
make money