Saturday, January 17, 2015

Former Soviet Leader Gorbachev Is Interviewed By Spiegel On The Current State Of East - West Relations

In an interview with SPIEGEL, former Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev warns of tensions between Russia and the West: "Things could blow up at any time if we don't act. The loss of trust is disastrous. Moscow no longer believes the West and the West doesn't believe Moscow." Gorbachev is pictured here at the headquarters of his foundation in Moscow. Denis Sinyakov/ DER SPIEGEL

Interview Conducted by Matthias Schepp and Britta Sandberg, Spiegel Online: Gorbachev Interview: 'I Am Truly and Deeply Concerned'

WNU Editor: This is actually a good interview .... and much of what he says I do not disagree with. Maybe history will be kind to him .... but since the fall of the Soviet Union, he has not been a popular figure in Russia.

2 comments:

James said...

Well there were a bunch of things unstated but definitely alluded to by him. Also I think this was his statement to the world "that think what you may of me, I am a Russian"I assume that is a portrait of Raisa on the wall behind him.

War News Updates Editor said...

Yes. That is his wife.