Sunday, June 28, 2015

Is Iran Trying To Backtrack On Its Interim Nuclear Agreement With The World Powers?



Reuters: Western officials suggest Iran tries to wiggle out of nuclear pledges

Iran is backtracking from an interim nuclear agreement with world powers three months ago, Western officials suggested on Sunday, as U.S. and Iranian officials said talks on a final accord would likely run past a June 30 deadline.

Securing an historic agreement would end a more than 12-year nuclear standoff between Iran and the West and open the door to suspending sanctions that have crippled Tehran's economy. It could also help ease the diplomatic isolation for an Iran that has become increasingly assertive across the region.

Highlighting how much work remains in the nuclear negotiations, British Foreign Minister Philip Hammond said on arrival in Vienna that major challenges remained, including on the parameters already agreed in April in Lausanne, Switzerland. 

WNU Editor: Former CIA Director Hayden believes that Iran now has the upper hand in these talks .... Deadline likely missed in nuclear deal - Hayden says Iran has 'upper hand' (FOX News). What's my take .... the White House is under pressure to show some progress in these talks .... and they do not want to be in a position where they have been proven wrong (while critics of the U.S. - Iran policy have been proven right). My prediction for the following week is simple. I expect more Iranian backtracking while demanding the unconditional lifting of sanctions .... and I expect the U.S. will comply to some of these demands. But on the key issue of inspections .... I just do not see Iran backtracking on this (they have refused to permit inspections of suspect military sites involved in nuclear research) .... and I have trouble seeing the West agreeing to these terms. Inspections have always been the cornerstone for every nuclear agreement ... without inspections there is then no point to an agreement.

Update: Here is an interesting article on how (and when) the U.S. and Iran first started to talk .... Iran Wish List Led to U.S. Talks (WSJ).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good Day !!

I am Hwa Jurong, a Reputable, Legitimate & an accredited money
Lender. I want to use this medium to inform you that i render reliable beneficiary
assistance as I'll be glad to offer you a loan at 2% interest rate to
reliable individuals.

Services Rendered include:

*Home Improvement
*Inventor Loans
*Car Loans
*Debt Consolidation Loan
*Line of Credit
*Second Loan
*Business Loans
*Personal Loans
*International Loans.

Please write back if interested.
Upon Response, you'll be mailed a Loan application form to fill. (No social
security and no credit check, 100% Guaranteed!) I Look forward permitting me to
be of service to you. You can contact me via e-mail: hwa_jurong@yahoo.com.sg or hwajurong12@gmail.com
Yours Sincerely,

Hwa Jurong(MD).

Dr Purva Pius said...

My Brothers and Sister all over the world, I am Mrs Boo Wheat from Canada ; i was in need of loan some month ago. i needed a loan to open my restaurant and bar, when one of my long time business partner introduce me to this good and trustful loan lender DR PURVA PIUS that help me out with a loan, and is interest rate is very low , thank God today. I am now a successful business Woman, and I became useful. In the life of others, I now hold a restaurant and bar. And about 30 workers, thank GOD for my life I am leaving well today a happy father with three kids, thanks to you DR PURVA PIUS Now I can take care of my lovely family, i can now pay my bill. I am now the bread winner of my family. If you are look for a trustful and reliable loan leader. You can Email him via,mail (urgentloan22@gmail.com) Please tell him Mrs Boo Wheat from Canada introduce you to him. THANKS.

Unknown said...

$$$ Loan with 3% interest rate contact us for more details $$$.
Are you looking for a loan to clear off your dept and start up your own Business? have you being going all over yet not able to get a legit loan Company that will loan you? Here is your final solution, We can give you any amount you need provided you are going to pay back within the period of time given without any problem. Apply now and contact us for more details via email below.

Application For loan.
First Name:
Last Name:
Date Of Birth:
Address:
Sex:
Phone No:
City:
Zip Code:
State:
Country:
Nationality:
Occupation:
Monthly Income:
Amount Needed:
Duration:
Purpose of the loan:
E-mail address:

Email: henski.john46@gmail.com