Thursday, September 10, 2015

Queen Elizabeth II, 63 Years In 63 Pictures

Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh. Coronation portrait, June 1953, London, England. Wikipedia

BBC: Queen Elizabeth II, 63 years in 63 pictures

Queen Elizabeth II becomes the longest-reigning monarch in British history on the evening of 9 September 2015. To mark the event we present an image from the archives of the Press Association from every year of her reign.

WNU Editor: My mother was born exactly one day before Queen Elizabeth II was born. Through the years .... I have seen both of them age at the same rate.

1 comment:

James said...

Re: 2008. I've seen salad forks etc, but I have never seen the likes of the flatware, cutlery, and glasses on that table. Thank you god for not making me a waiter for that get together.