Sunday, April 24, 2016

Former U.S. Commander Of SOCOM Hits-Out On The Growing Politicization Of The Military

Photo: Ret. Adm. William Harry McRaven. Wikipedia

William H. McRaven, Special to The Tampa Tribune: A warrior’s career sacrificed for politics

When I was a young boy my father, a veteran of World War II and Korea, schooled me on the downfall of Gen. Douglas MacArthur. MacArthur, he explained, had overstepped his authority and shown blatant disrespect for the civilian leadership of the country. President Harry Truman relieved him of his command, and MacArthur retired soon thereafter.

Civilian rule of the military was one of the most fundamental principles of the armed forces. To believe differently was dangerous, my father told me. Dad strongly supported Truman’s action, and he made me understand the value of the civil-military relationship — a lesson I never forgot.

Read more ....

WNU Editor: He holds no punches in this post .... criticizing Republicans in Congress and their behaviour these past few years. But .... he and Hillary Clinton are close .... including rumours since 2014  that he is on a list of being her running mate .... Rumors Are Spreading That Now Retired Special Operations Admiral Bill McRaven May Be Hillary Clinton's Running Mate in 2016. And while I still doubt that he will be her running-mate .... I would not be surprised that in the event that Hillary Clinton does win the Presidential election, he will be playing a pivotal national security role in her administration .... probably even being her National Security adviser. So much for arguing against the politicization of the  military.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

where in the article does he criticize republicans??