Sunday, December 11, 2016

President-Elect Trump Responds To Claims That He Does Not Attend His Daily Intelligence Briefing



CBS: Donald Trump on less-frequent intelligence briefings: "I get it when I need it"

President-elect Donald Trump on Sunday defended his decision not to receive the daily intelligence briefings that his predecessors did, saying he doesn’t want to be “told the same thing in the same words every single day for the next eight years.”

Asked on “Fox News Sunday” about his decision to receive a Presidential Daily Briefing (PDB) just once a week, which is highly unusual compared to other recent presidents, Mr. Trump replied: “I get it when I need it.”

“You know, I’m, like, a smart person,” he said. “I don’t have to be told the same thing in the same words every single day for the next eight years. Could be eight years -- but eight years. I don’t need that. But I do say, ‘If something should change, let us know.’”

Read more ....

WNU Editor: This is just another example on how the main stream media plays/twists words from elected politicians and officials and creates "fake news". President-elect Trump actually said "“I get it when I need it. I’m, like, a smart person. I don’t have to be told the same thing in the same words every single day for the next eight years.”" .... not .... "I am a smart person, I don't need intelligence briefings every single day". But having said that .... he should attend his briefings almost every day .... to at least ask questions on issues that concerns him. Unfortunately .... it looks like President-elect Donald Trump is going to follow the lead of President Obama and how he treats his intelligence briefings .... Colbert Blasts Trump For 'Unsubscribing' From Intel Briefings -- but He May Be Following Obama's Lead (Independent Journal Review).

More News On President-Elect Trump Responding To Claims That He Does Not Attend His Daily Intelligence Briefing

Trump: I don't need daily briefings -- Politico
Trump on intelligence briefings: 'I get it when I need it' -- The Hill
President-elect Donald Trump: ‘I don’t have to be told’ of daily classified intel briefings because ‘I’m a smart person’ -- Daily News
Donald Trump says he doesn't need daily intelligence briefings as President because he's 'smart' -- The Independent
TRUMP: I'm a 'smart person,' don't need intelligence briefings every single day -- Business Insider

4 comments:

D.Plowman said...

Becoming a President is not just a job, its a responsibility. When you neglect those responsibilities, you disrespect the position and trust of the people.

Doesn't matter if Trump thinks he should not attend his daily briefings; at the end of the day, its part of his responsibilities as incoming President, and it is his duty.

And as the WNE likes to say often... It's all about perception. And it ain't looking good.

Anonymous said...

Yes to D. plowman!

Jay Farquharson said...

From the way back in the day, machine:

http://www.boomantribune.com/story/2016/12/11/123442/24

Jac said...

Unfortunately most leader of every country are like that, with rare exceptions. I always remember how much many managers of intelligence service of any countries are complaining of that. May be the exception could be Putin, Gorbatchov and G. H. Bush....I wonder why?