Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe Waited Two And A Half Hours For Russian President Putin

Russian President Vladimir Putin and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe share a light moment during their visit at Kodokan judo hall in Tokyo, Japan, December 16. Alexander Zemlianichenko/Pool/Reuters

UPI: Russia's Vladimir Putin late again to summit with Shinzo Abe

Russian President Vladimir Putin was late to a meeting with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe by about two and a half hours, according to multiple Japanese press reports.

The Russian leader, whose tardiness has become legendary, kept Abe waiting during a Russia-Japan summit at the Eastern Economic Forum in Vladivostok on Monday, Kyodo News and Yomiuri Shimbun reported.

Abe and his officials may have not been pleased -- the Japanese were "dealt a setback" because of Putin's delayed arrival, according to reports.

Putin was also late for a December 2016 summit in Japan, arriving three hours later than scheduled.

Read more ....

WNU Editor: I have had this happen to me before .... waiting for people in their lobby or office. My rule is simple .... after 15 minutes if the person is not there I will ask if there is an emergency. If the answer is not to my satisfaction .... I leave. In the second meeting .... and there was always a second meeting .... I always got what I wanted.

4 comments:

Roger Smith said...




WNU, for some, an undeniable wake-up call is what it takes.
Putin seems pretty rude. Or Russia should get their watches from out of country.

Anonymous said...

WNU,
I'm with you. I too leave after 15 minutes. It's a lack of respect by the other person, people. It was hard to do at first, but I've never had anyone be late a second time.
JH

AZuLike said...

Your paid either way.... Why not wait? Best thing is to leave when he arrives. I got a emergency, but it's a poker game.

AZuLike said...

Like at a call center. You get paid by the hour. Not by call or customer milk it. He got paid to relax for two hours. How I see it, but then again it's politics.