Monday, December 3, 2018

Thel Note That President George H.W. Bush Left On President Bill Clinton’s Desk Before Leaving The White House In 1993


OpenCulture: The Thoughtful Note That George H.W. Bush Left on Bill Clinton’s Desk Before Leaving the White House (1993)

With the passing of George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton reflected on the life and legacy of his political predecessor, and particularly the thoughtful note that Bush 41 left on his desk, right before leaving the White House. Dated January 20, 1993, it read:

Dear Bill,

When I walked into this office just now I felt the same sense of wonder and respect that I felt four years ago. I know you will feel that, too.

I wish you great happiness here. I never felt the loneliness some Presidents have described.

There will be very tough times, made even more difficult by criticism you may not think is fair. I’m not a very good one to give advice; but just don’t let the critics discourage you or push you off course.

You will be our President when you read this note. I wish you well. I wish your family well.

Your success now is our country’s success. I am rooting hard for you.

Good luck—

George

Read more ....

WNU Editor: No comment necessary.

7 comments:

fazman said...

I did NOT have a sexual relationship with your woman!

fred said...

dear fusion
at my site, I paid a tribute to Mr. Bush...your sniping adds nothing to any adult discussion

Anonymous said...

Lapides,
You're snivelling!

fred said...

don't like it...don't read it and then no need to use same bs over and over...in the words of Gen Tso:Tā mā de nǐ

Anonymous said...

President Trump randomly wandering off at major world events, a supercut

CLICK

Anonymous said...

After CIA briefing, Republicans say 'no question' Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi murder

Anonymous said...

Lapides,
More snivelling, the one thing you do well.