Sunday, July 19, 2020

Syrians Go To The Polls Today To Elect A New Parliament





Reuters: Syria goes to the polls as new sanctions hit war-ravaged economy

DAMASCUS/BEIRUT (Reuters) - Syria held a parliamentary election on Sunday, gripped by a collapsing economy and new U.S. sanctions after President Bashar al-Assad clawed back control of most of the country.

People voted across government territory at more than 7,000 polling stations, including for the first time in former rebel bastions that the army has recaptured over the last two years.

Assad’s opponents denounced the vote as a farce, nearly a decade into a war that has killed hundreds of thousands of people and made millions refugees.

The elections, originally set for April, were postponed twice due to the coronavirus pandemic. At a polling station in the capital Damascus, many voters - who were disinfected upon arrival - said they were worried about the rising costs of living.

Read more ....

WNU Editor: There is only one party that is really running in this election. The results are a forgone conclusion.

More News On Syrians Going To The Polls Today To Elect A New Parliament

Syrians vote in parliamentary election as inflation hits war-damaged economy -- France 24
Syria holds parliamentary elections amid new sanctions, crippling economy -- DW
Syria holds parliamentary election amid pandemic and new US sanctions -- ABC News Online
Syria votes for new parliament amid war, economic woes -- Al Jazeera

1 comment:

Tucker Conrad said...

A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com  
Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542