Monday, July 20, 2020

The Libyan War Is On Track To Be Africa's First Full-On Intracontinental War In Decades And A Test For NATO

A seagull flies in front of an oil platform in the Bouri Oilfield north of the coast of Libya. Reuters

Candace Rondeaux, World Politics Review: NATO could face its ultimate test in a growing African proxy war

* Libya's ongoing civil war has drawn in its African neighbors as well as nearby European countries, including NATO members.
* Those powers are on different sides in the conflict, and the potential for clashes between them presents a distinct challenge for NATO and for US and European security goals.

With Egypt reportedly on the brink of invading neighboring Libya, and troops from Chad said to be on their way north to join Gen. Khalifa Haftar in his fight to topple the internationally recognized government in Tripoli, what was already a complicated proxy war could soon become Africa's first full-on intracontinental war in decades.

That may not be all that is at risk, however. If Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi delivers on his promise to come to Haftar's aid, it could also result in a serious setback for two key American and European security priorities: securing the volatile Eastern Mediterranean and stabilizing the increasingly fragile NATO alliance.

Read more ....

WNU Editor: The war is already happening. We are in the escalation phase. And as for NATO and its role in this conflict, the organization is going to keep its distance.

4 comments:

Andrew Jackson said...

Like I said,the bestest war evah!!

Anonymous said...

How can NATO be keeping its distance when one of its member states is heavily involved?

And how does it gain distance from creating the failed state that is Libya?

Anonymous said...

You let the Turks and Egyptians bleed each other. Then you move in, if needed.

Tucker Conrad said...

A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com  
Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542