Thursday, January 14, 2021

A Look At Soldiers Sleeping In The US Capital Building

National Guard members sleeping at the U.S. Capitol, January 13. REUTERS/Joshua Roberts 


Sleep can be hard to come by in the service. 

One of the very first things you learn when you enlist is that you should take any and every napping opportunity possible, despite the location. 

As thousands of National Guard members filter through the halls of the U.S. Capitol, civilians are getting firsthand looks at just how easily soldiers can turn a concrete floor into a comfortable nest. 

If dozing off in uncomfortable places and positions were an Olympic sport, service members take home gold every time. 

That’s why we decided to pull together a definitive ranking of some the best, worst, and downright ridiculous sleeping positions in recent military history, on scale from 1 to 10, in terms of insanity. 

Read more .... 

WNU Editor: This is where I am always freaking-out my girl friend. I can shut down in a minute and sleep anywhere and in any position. And my sleep is a deep sleep. Of course she thinks I am an alien. :(

Update: A great photo-gallery here .... U.S. Capitol halls lined with sleeping National Guard troops (Reuters).

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never saw the Dems so terrified of the people since their segregation days in the solid south of the pre 1960’s days. Dems love their guns just so long as it’s aimed at the people.

RussInSoCal said...

11:53 PM

Too right.

Anonymous said...

This just screams confidence on the Democrats side.

B.Poster said...

Yep!! 11:53 has nailed it!! I'll reiterate Congressional members and their staff were never seriously threatened. Unless ANTIFA plans on mounting an attack this seems like serious overkill.

War News Updates Editor said...

B. Poster
That is one of my posts tomorrow.
This is overkill

Anonymous said...

I heard on a podcast tonight that there was a picture of a soldier reading Atlas Shrugged on the floor of the Capital...

X said...

I’m pretty sure it’s trumppanzees that stormed the Capitol

David Winter said...

Editor: Every other day my wife complains that she tosses and turns to fall asleep, while it takes me about 60 seconds flat. Don't know if its a skill I got in the Military or not, but it does irritate people that cant do it.