Friday, February 26, 2021

World News Briefs -- February 26, 2021 (Night Edition)

 


WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia’s de facto ruler approved an operation to capture or kill murdered journalist Jamal Khashoggi in 2018, according to U.S. intelligence released on Friday as the United States imposed sanctions on some of those involved but spared the crown prince himself in an effort to preserve relations with the kingdom. 

Khashoggi, a U.S. resident who wrote opinion columns for the Washington Post critical of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman’s policies, was killed and dismembered by a team of operatives linked to the prince in the kingdom’s consulate in Istanbul. 

Read more .... 

MIDDLE EAST 












 ASIA 


Myanmar's Suu Kyi moved to undisclosed location. 







 AFRICA 









 EUROPE 










 AMERICAS 









 TERRORISM/THE LONG WAR 




 ECONOMY/FINANCE/BUSINESS 




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joe Biden: Lizzie Panilli, uh, excuse me, Pannill, and uh, what am I doing here? I’m going to lose track here. And, uh… Mayor Turner… My family spent a lot of time here in Houston by the way. And, uh, hey John Eddy, how are you buddy I didn’t see you there?… I could be known for as president. I would be the end, the president who end during his era ended cancer as we know it. (cough)