Tuesday, March 9, 2021

President Biden's German Shepherds Are Taken Back To The Family Home In Delaware

The two German Shepherds belonging to President Joe Biden and first lady Jill Biden were returned to the Biden family home in Delaware last week 


 * The two German Shepherds belonging to President Joe Biden and first lady Jill Biden were returned to the Biden family home in Delaware last week 
 * The dogs were sent home after the younger one, Major, exhibited aggressive behavior towards White House staff 
 * Major had a 'biting incident' with a member of White House security 
 * Major, who is 3 years old, was adopted in November 2018 from a Delaware animal shelter 
 * Following his move to the White House, he has reportedly displayed agitated behavior on a few occasions 
 * Biden's other dog, Champ, is 14 years old and has slowed down due to his age, which has made the transition easier 

President Joe Biden has sent his two dogs back to his family home in Wilmington, Delaware, after the younger of the two German Shepherds was involved in a 'biting incident' with a White House security agent. 

Three-year-old Major, whom Biden and his wife Jill adopted in November 2018 from an animal shelter, had been displaying aggressive behavior including jumping, barking and charging at White House staff and security. 

The sources described a 'biting incident' involving a member of the security services but did not specify if the person was injured. 


WNU Editor: The Biden's German Shepherds are big. Major Biden is a three year old rescue dog that I am willing to bet never received the social training that he should have received when he was a puppy. I have had a lot of experience with German Shepherds (it was my father's favorite dog). Dogs like that without the proper training rarely respond well in crowds or new settings. 

The GF and I just got a new Rottweiler that is now 8 weeks old. She is still too young to meet other dogs, but we are making sure that she is meeting new people everyday, as well as playing in different environments. This is the GF's third Rottweiler, and she is a master at making these type of dogs super friendly and well trained. It is a training that never stops, and must be done at a very young age. 

That is her in the bottom picture after picking up Mazikeen (but we call her Maze) last week.

11 comments:

Alex said...

That puppy sure looks happy!

Anonymous said...

How can your dog meet new people every day and those people not be in too close proximity to you? You have had 1 shot, but have you had the booster shot? How does a dog meet a masked person? There are fewer social cues for the dog to recognize, process, and cue in on. What about person to dog to person transmission of COVID? If you pet the dog, you are close enough to breathe the same air. That has got to be less the 6 feet right?

I don't know about you, but I get a little bit jumpy, when a dog or cat sneezes.

ejmohr said...

That's a beautiful Rotti you have there. As you know they can also be very protective of their masters and family, but it sounds like the GF and you have this under complete control with proper socialization and training.

I have to admit I thought the same of the Bidens shelter dog - likely not socialized and given up by previous owner who discovered that the Shepherd was way more dog than they expected.

War News Updates Editor said...

Anon 10:17

When the GF takes the dog for a walk a few times a day. This dog is a magnet for everyone to approach. Distance protocols are respected.

The GF also lives in a region that has very low Covid numbers. I live in Montreal where I have no choice but to limit the number of people I meet. And because I take care of my 94 soon to be 95 year old mother, I have to be super careful.

But vaccines will change everything, and I will be able to participate in our dog's training soon. She is doing the heavy lifting now. But like I said . This is not her first rodeo. But she has said this dog is the easiest one that she has had to train. i.e. she was house-trained in one day!!!!!

Ejmohr
I agree. Rottis are very protective. Especially female Rottis. But with proper social training, they become just big goofballs who always want affection.

War News Updates Editor said...

Alex
You mean the dog not the girl?
:)

Anonymous said...

beautiful dog!

Anonymous said...

"But vaccines will change everything," You sound hopeful. Normally I would be, too. The pharmaceutical companies can update vaccines to meet new strains in fairly short order. This I believe. However , with the new strains or mutations, It is in the realm of possibility that Lockdown theater for more political and centralized control will evolve consciously or unconsciously into Lockdown Cloward and Piven.

Now some esquire will tell me I am stupid. But I think Major would have had a better transition if secret service had walked the dog. Now, maybe someone will argue that walking the dog is a service and the Bidens should be charged, yada yada yada. There is a legal argument to make there.

The dog being walked by Secret Service makes the agents part of the pack and thus protect them form aggressive behaviour. Although not part of procedure and the dogs not being trained, they could be worked into security. I depend and my dogs and cats to tell me when someone is at the door or coming down the path from a a ways away. OR the Bidens could quit being cheap and pay the Secret Service or a dog walker for walking the dog. It would be much better if the agents did it. If they made a circuit of the grounds and just let their mind be at ease, they might notice things in the surrounding area they might not otherwise pick up on.

Maybe the Bidens could take their own dog s for a walk, but Joe can't. He would tucker out too quickly. They got too much dog or too many dogs. It leads me to believe the dogs are more prop than family and that is disgusting. For security most of the time all you need is the dogs eyes and ears. If you get a pet for companionship, a bigger pet does not mean more company, but it does mean more investment in resources. Resources such as time, which the Bidens are not prepared to spend.

The more I think of it the Bidens and the Secret Service did not spend hardly any time with the dogs. The Secret Service did not and I think does not have a protocol on how to handle the 1st family's dog or cat. I once had a vicious dog turned over to me in 20 minutes time. It is fair to have called that particular German Shepherd vicious. It put person in the hospital. Of course the person climbed a 5' or 6' barbed wire fence, which had a very thick wall to wall line of fir trees creating its own barrier around the fence in the middle of the night. The landlord unchained the dog. Talked to the dog. I petted the dog and talked to it. The owner handed be the chain. We walked the property and that was about it. That dog was my shadow after that. It was almost as good as having a Terminator. The landlord went to live in the city. I think it would be much harder to socialize the dogs with 2 or 3 score of agents, but I think it would be doable. I bet the butler and the kitchen staff had absolutely zero problems with the dogs. The dogs looked up to the kitchen staff more than they did the Bidens, if given a chance. The dogs were props.

Anonymous said...

"As of yet, Major has not been accused of being a Russian agent, but there’s still time."

"So, once again, there are no dogs in the White House. Please pray our nation survives."

Anonymous said...

Your dog is lucky and fabulous! I love dogs, had to put my English Springer Spaniel down (cancer, lost over 20 pounds in 2 months) during April of the Covid fiasco, still miss her.

Dave Goldstein said...

My chocolate lab died last year in a month from cancer. I am really tired of cancer for dogs and people
Your puppy is really cute.

Jimmy said...

Gorgeous dog WNU!
I’ve always wanted a Rotti, hopefully one day when I have time on my hands