Saturday, March 20, 2021

This Surveillance Company Claims It Can Track Nearly Any Car In The World In Real-Time

Gizmodo: This Surveillance Company Claims It Can Track Nearly Any Car in Real-Time 

A defense contractor that claims to have access to motor vehicle location data on a global scale says it wants to use that data to help U.S. federal agencies conduct more efficient spying and military operations. 

The Ulysses Group, which offers “cutting edge operational and intelligence services, support, and equipment” to government clients, says it can “access over 15 billion vehicle locations” worldwide every month. This data, which can be viewed “historically” or in real-time, should be used operationally by U.S. agencies, the company says.


WNU Editor: I guess this explains why China has banned Tesla purchases for its government and military .... Chinese military reportedly restricts use of Tesla cars among personnel (CNBC).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah...no. They can't track my 1999 Jeep Cherokee. I keep it in top shape. Of course "they" have no need to track me. I mean I hate them, all of them, but I am not gonna do anything about it. So go on thinking you can track everybody.

Ron

Er...But the can follow me around through my iPhone, YIKES!