Sunday, June 27, 2021

North Korea Admits Kim Jong Un Has Lost Weight

Image: KCTV, June 22, 2021 (edited by NK News) | Kim Jong Un walking into a recent concert by the Band of the State Affairs Commission  

VOA: North Korea Admits Kim Jong Un Lost Weight  

SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA - North Korean state television has acknowledged Kim Jong Un’s apparent weight loss, even admitting that the leader’s health is a subject of concern in Pyongyang. 

The admission was broadcast during an interview with a North Korea resident on state-run Korean Central Television, according to South Korea’s Yonhap news agency. 

"The people were most heartbroken to see the respected general secretary looking thinner," the resident said in the interview broadcast Friday. 

"Everyone is saying that they are moved to tears.”  

Read more ....  

WNU Editor: I was originally skeptical of reports early this month that he had lost a lot weight. But looking at the above picture. Wow! He definitely has lost a lot of weight. 

More News On North Korea Admitting That Kim Jong Un Has Lost Weight

North Koreans worry over 'emaciated' Kim Jong Un, state media says -- Reuters

N.K. resident voice concerns over Kim's weight loss -- Yonhap  

Kim Jong-un health crisis: ‘Emaciated’ NK leader sparks panic with dramatic weight loss -- Daily Express   

'Emaciated' Kim Jong-un Leaves 'Everyone' in North Korea Heartbroken, State Media Claims -- Sputnik

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Meathead and our 45th president should call Kim and ask for tips on weight loss.

Because they're both hyper-obese and look like garbage.

Anonymous said...


While this is but one photo, he doesn't appear healthy.

Anonymous said...

There are graduations of overweightness and obesity. 257 should use the definitions instead of talkin g bull hockey

https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/adult/defining.html


"This means the president is considered clinically obese and has a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 30.3.

Trump's results came days after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi repeatedly mocked his weight and insisted that he's morbidly obese."

www.the-sun.com/news/1572275/donald-trump-weight-height/

So in 2020 Trump was barely obese in class 1 and not what Princess Pelosi lied about.


Now Billy Clinton had a BMI in 28.3 which is overweight and nearing obesity, which is disgusting considering he was in his 40s.

https://www.menshealth.com/trending-news/a19535652/fattest-presidents/

Trump has lost about 15 pounds, so he is no longer in the obese range. Really to get out of that range he would have had t lose 3 pounds or 5 pounds.


But whatever 257, you and pelosi keep telling lies.

Anonymous said...

Considering Kim Jon-un was severely overweight, I would have thought losing weight would have been a sign of improving health. I understand that in Korean culture (and North Korea in particular for obvious reasons) that a fat belly would be a sign of prosperity and therefore "good health", but some weight loss would still keep Kim looking "plentiful". So official comments about concern for his health likely indicate that there is some serious health problem that the weight loss is a symptom of.

= = =
BMI is a terrible indicator, and I don't know why people use it.

I just found a BMI site and put in my height and weight. It gives me a BMI Index of 25 which puts me at overweight (barely). Yet I have a trim belly, my health is excellent, I'm fit, and everyone says I look good. If I entered my weight in high school after I achieved my full height, BMI puts me as normal, but still in the high range (23.7). Yet at that weight, I had people constantly telling me that I needed to put on more weight. I looked gangly and didn't appear as if I had any muscle. At one point as an adult, because of severe stress my weight went below what it was even in high school. BMI put that at 22.9 still in the top half. Yet at that weight, I was gaunt and friends and family told me multiple times I looked cadaverous. My cheeks were shallow and you could see my ribcage. If I ever got near the bottom of the BMI "normal" category of 18.5, I'd probably be dead.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/265215

Trump no doubt was overweight, most older people in America are. But Trump is 6'3" (even people who claim he isn't still acknowledge he is over six foot - most likely he was 6'3" in his prime and he's lost some height as he ages which happens to everyone), and BMI for tall people is a broken measurement. His golf activities likely kept him fit for a man his age. Not ideal, but still fine. Certainly not obese. Same with Clinton who was also over 6' although he was clearly out of shape and prone to eat too many cheeseburgers.

BMI is a terrible indicator, deeply flawed on multiple levels. It doesn't work for tall or short people. It doesn't take into consideration muscle versus fat (almost all professional athletes are "obese" according to BMI). A stellar athlete and couch potato with a beer belly could have the exact same BMI index. People should not use BMI at all.

Chris