Friday, September 30, 2022

UN Secretary General Guterres And NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg Will Be Issuing An Unprecedented Joint Statement Later Today

WNU Editor: A friend told me this news just a few minutes ago. I have no way to verify its accuracy. The wire services are saying nothing. Both the UN and NATO press offices are quiet.

I also have no information on what will be said. 

My friend thinks it will be an acceptance of Ukraine's application to quickly join NATO. 

I doubt it. 

But if it happens a joint statement from the heads of NATO and the UN on a Friday evening is unprecedented. And if it is support of Ukraine's fast track application to join NATO, war tensions are going to escalate.

I am about to give a presentation to a business group on the current geopolitical situation in the world, and what I see trending in 2023. I will not be in front of a computer until later this evening. 

If this joint statement does come out later today, I will (of course) post and analyze it. If this is all a false alarm. I will be relieved, and will sleep easier tonight.

Update: In separate announcements, N Secretary General Guterres and NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg denounced Russia's annexation of Ukrainian territory.

No comments: