Sunday, October 16, 2022

My Father's Hometown Was Struck By Russian Kamakaze Drones


WNU Editor:
I just learned about this yesterday from a relative living in the city .... Russian forces attack Bila Tserkva with kamikaze drones six times (Ukrinform). More here .... Russians attack Bila Tserkva with kamikaze drones (Ukrayinska Pravda), and here .... Ukraine war: Russia uses Iran-made 'kamikaze drones' near Kyiv (Euronews). 

It happened 11 days ago, and these were the first strikes on the city since March. From what I have been told the electrical grid/stations were targeted, knocking out power for much of the region. 

In the past two weeks Russian military forces have been focusing their air strikes on Ukraine's power grid, and it looks like Bila Tserkva was on their list. 

The city is 90 km south of Kyiv, and it is a critical rail/highway hub. 

My family history in this city and region goes back almost 300 years. Needless to say I was busy on the phone all day yesterday and this morning. I also noticed communications is becoming a problem.

No comments: