Friday, December 30, 2022

Has The War Changed Russia?

 

WNU Editor: I know the war has changed me. Stress. Worry. Trouble sleeping. But it pales to what my family and friends are experiencing in Ukraine. 

As for my friends and relatives in Russia. Life still goes on, and sometimes I get the impression that they are not impacted. There are of course daily reminders on mass media, and hundreds of thousands of reservists have been called up. But the economy is still functioning. Everyone is working, and even inflation has come down. 

BBC's Russia Editor Steve Rosenberg is correct in the above video that Russia is on a war footing, and society has become militarized. Uncertainty is in the back of everyone's minds, but for the old timers like myself we have seen this before. 

All wars do come to an end. And the Ukraine war will eventually end. 

And as for Russia. It will survive. It always has.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We used to say...The army is at war...The average Joe is at wall Mart.
Natural situation. VIETNAM And Korea were a lot of the same.