Monday, November 9, 2009

Soldiers Not Surprised By Fort Hood Massacre

FORT HOOD VIGIL - Soldiers attend a chemical light vigil held at the North Fort Hood training site Nov. 6, 2009, in remembrance of comrades and loved ones who were killed and wounded in the Nov. 5, 2009, shooting tragedy at Fort Hood, Texas. U.S. Army photo by Staff Sgt. Tony M. Lindback

From My San Antonio News:

FORT HOOD — When a lone gunman armed with two handguns fired into scores of soldiers last week at Fort Hood, killing 13 and wounding more than 30, the nation reacted in shock.

Many veterans of the Iraq war, however, did not.

“It’s sad to say, but basically it doesn’t surprise us. In a way, it was like it’s waiting to happen. I guess that’s the biggest thing,” Spc. Travis McRae said Saturday.

“It’s basically that the Army has an awesome way of getting you ready for war,” he continued. “It gets you in that mindset to go over there and fight, but whenever you come back, they don’t have a way of turning that switch off.”

Read more ....

My Comment: I must concur. I was not surprised by the Fort Hood massacre .... and I will not be surprised when the next 9/11 occurs.

No comments: