Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Name Of Victim Spelt Incorrectly On 9/11 Memorial

Relatives were shocked to discover that his first name had been misspelled as 'Jeffery'

9/11 Anniversary: Name Of Victim Spelt Incorrectly On Memorial -- The Telegraph

The name of a September 11 victim was spelt incorrectly on the newly opened memorial at Ground Zero.

Relatives of Jeffrey Schreier, a 48-year-old clerk and messenger for Cantor Fitzgerald, were shocked to discover that his first name had been misspelled as "Jeffery".

His sister, Janice Hart, said: "I thought they had done a lovely job with the memorial. It provided me a lot of solace – until I saw the misspelling of the name".

A spokesman for the memorial said: "We regret an error was made by reversing two letters in Jeffrey H. Schreier's name and we are extremely sorry for the pain this has caused Jeffrey's family.

Read more
....

My Comment: The name on my father's tombstone was spelt incorrectly .... I know exactly how the family members of Jeffrey Schreier are feeling right now.

No comments: