Sunday, August 5, 2012

A Syrian Blogger Blogs About Life In The Middle Of A Civil War

Syrian Blogger: 'I Live Or Die Here' -- CNN

(CNN) -- In a concrete block apartment building in a working-class Syrian suburb, a young man who calls himself "Big Al" spends his days listening to Nine Inch Nails on his smartphone. He watches back-to-back episodes of "The Simpsons" on his laptop while he shovels a pan of brownies into his mouth.

He loves to cook. It's the only thing keeping him going.

"I'm a big guy, and I like to cook and bake," he says. "Since I've been jobless for more than a year, and there are no activities to do, I get busy baking. In fact, I made more pizzas and cookies this year than I did in the past three years."

Read more
....

My Comment:
His blog is here. Not too many postings .... but still worth the read.

No comments: