Thursday, April 10, 2014

Putin Approval Rating Is Now At 90% In Russia

Photo: RIA

President Putin Wins Over World Leaders With 92 Percent Of Public Approval – Poll -- Voice of Russia

Vladimir Putin has become a leader of the poll conducted by The Independent website with 92 percent of public approval followed by Angela Merkel and Barack Obama who have scored three and two percent of votes respectively.

The Independent website has conducted a poll, allowing the respondent to vote for the following state leaders: US President Barack Obama, German Chancellor Angela Merkel, President of Russia Vladimir Putin, British PM David Cameron, French President François Hollande, Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff and other famous world policy-makers.

Read more ....

My Comment: Since the crisis started .... I have always asked my Russian relatives on what is their opinion on Putin. The results are not surprising. I would say that out of about 25 of my relatives .... they are unanimous in their positive opinion of Putin. In Ukraine .... my Russian relatives are not as intense as my/their Russian brothers/sisters/and cousins in this opinion .... but they all feel confident and reassured knowing that if the situation becomes dire .... Putin will come to the rescue. As a result .... I can say with confidence that no Russian politician throughout history has ever enjoyed such approval ratings. As to what is my own position .... I am that one percent who has doubts on what is he doing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sure, pigs can fly!

War News Updates Editor said...

Putin's Achilles Heel has always been the economy. If the economy goes south .... so will his approval ratings. My prediction .... with time his approval ratings will probably sink to where it has always been .... around 45% - 50%. But for the moment (the key word here is 'moment') .... he is enjoying high approval ratings, and when he is looking outside his Kremlin window .... he is seeing pigs flying.