Thursday, December 11, 2014

Senior IS Commander Reveals How U.S. Prisons In Iraq Helped In The Birth And Growth Of The Islamic State

Isis: The Inside Story -- Martin Chulov, The Guardian

One of the Islamic State’s senior commanders reveals exclusive details of the terror group’s origins inside an Iraqi prison – right under the noses of their American jailers.

In the summer of 2004, a young jihadist in shackles and chains was walked by his captors slowly into the Camp Bucca prison in southern Iraq. He was nervous as two American soldiers led him through three brightly-lit buildings and then a maze of wire corridors, into an open yard, where men with middle-distance stares, wearing brightly-coloured prison uniforms, stood back warily, watching him.

“I knew some of them straight away,” he told me last month. “I had feared Bucca all the way down on the plane. But when I got there, it was much better than I thought. In every way.”

Read more ....

My Comment: This is a sobering essay, but it is the last few sentences of this report that caught my attention and is (probably) foretelling of the future ....

.... This can’t be stopped now. This is out of the control of any man. Not Baghdadi (Islamic State leader), or anyone else in his circle.

Indeed.

No comments: