Thursday, January 22, 2015

French Defence Minister: About A Dozen Former French Soldiers Have Defected To The Islamic State

French Minister of Defense Jean-Yves Le Drian at the Pentagon in the US. Reuters/Yuri Gripas

The Telegraph: Up to ten former French soldiers 'have defected to Islamic State'

Update: Some French jihadists are former soldiers, minister admits -- France 24

WNU Editor: I would also like to know how many other former soldiers (from other countries) have also defected. My gut is telling me that if you include former soldiers from the Syrian and Iraqi armies, a good part of the Islamic State is actually made up of a lot of former soldiers from countries all around the world.

1 comment:

D.Plowman said...

The hopeful skeptic in me says that this could be a cover for infiltrating the Islamic State.

If not, well, I hope France is doing everything in their power to make these defectors marked targets.