Thursday, March 3, 2022

Canada Will Not Waive Visa Requirements For Ukrainians!!!!

 

WNU Editor: In the above video the minister is talking about aid. I do not know where this Canadian aid will be going to in the UN. I know a lot of the people in Canada who are helping Ukrainians directly are they getting all of their money from private donors. 

And as for not dropping the visa requirement. Some Ukrainians passed through in the beginning, but this has stopped. I personally met some of these refugees two days ago.

I heard all about this visa requirement  yesterday, and I have been apoplectic since then. 

It is unbelievable to hear this Canadian minister talk about how they want the bureaucracy to be in placed before people are permitted in. 

This could be solved immediately. Just remove the visa requirement. I personally know two families in Warsaw who had bought plane tickets, but had to cancel because they did not have a visa.

My calls did not help. This government is (so far) head-strong on not changing their position.

I am doing my part. I am meeting the senior assistant to my Liberal MP in my riding in 30 minutes to put pressure to change this. I know many others are doing the same today with their MPs. 

Update: The meeting was unproductive. 

The person I talked to does not appreciate the magnitude of the crisis. That if the war continues the UN estimate that 7 million refugees may flee may actually be a low-ball number. That we may see 10 million trying to get out this year. 

Can Canada accept 5% or 500,000 refugees from that number? When I said that her face became pale.

I will be part of a larger group attending a meeting in Ottawa on Saturday to press the government to change their policy. We are going to press the minister to change their visa policy in the same manner that Europe has .... give a 3 year visa and permission to work if you are Ukrainian. 

Update #2: 2 year special visa will now be issued. Best news of the day in what has been a very bad day in Ukraine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know trial can be used as a verb, but not the way it’s used in WNU comments.

Anonymous said...

Canada likely has taken this position because the refugees from Ukraine are Caucasian. Canada wants to be more "diverse". IS this racist? Yes, but this is the reality of the world in the year 2022. only the Canadian voters can change this, by getting rid of Trudeau and company.